Welcome to the Orange County Public Schools
Employee and New Hire Fingerprint Process
Orange County Public Schools created this fingerprint service website to help applicants and employees complete the fingerprinting requirement as quickly and efficiently as possible. Fingerprints are by appointment only and take 5 to 10 minutes per person. This website has multifunctional purposes and is designed to facilitate the following:
- To identify a fingerprinting center near you
- Schedule and pay for fingerprint services
- Register demographic data to complete the fingerprint process
- Print a barcode receipt to complete the process
- Identify your work location from the list.
- Select a position.
- Your exact title may not exist on the list, so choose the position that closest matches your job category
- Enter the Confirmation Code in the order it appears in the graphic.
To Schedule Service:
- SELECT A SERVICE CENTER - Select a Fingerprint Service Center that is closest to you using the Zip Code Locator.
- BUY NOW - Selecting this button begins your enrollment process.
- ENROLL - Specific personal data is required to submit fingerprint records. Employees MUST register one (1) form of government issued photo identification and present that specific ID when you arrive.
- COMPLETE and SIGN DISCLOSURE STATEMENT - Failing to do this prevents you from continuing the process.
- ARRANGE PAYMENT – There is a $54.50 fingerprint processing fee.
- YOU MUST PAY IN ADVANCE.
- YOU CAN NOT PAY the Service Center Operator.
- Stating that you’ll pay by check or money order allows you to continue the process, but your fingerprints will not be submitted for clearance until this payment method has been received and reconciled by our corporate office. An address for check submission follows in the payment section
- Note: A personal email address is required in order to pay online. If you do not have an email address you can click here to register for a free email address at yahoo.com
- OBTAIN RECEIPT – The website will generate a barcode receipt.
- PRINT - Your bar code is necessary for fingerprinting, so print it and bring a copy of it along with the specific Photo ID you regsitered to the processing Center.
Employment will not become effective until an applicant's fingerprints have cleared. Occasionally, a candidate may have to return to Fingerprint Services to have his/her prints rolled again. If you are asked to return, there is no additional cost to you. Do not be alarmed if this occurs. Common reasons for fingerprint retakes are dry or soft skin texture; working with paper, chemicals, or tools; sweaty or oily hands; and stiff joints which limit the technician's ability to capture an acceptable print.